Thursday, June 25, 2020

Tiffany Auction

Several years ago an auction house had a lot of Tiffany items available.  I took pictures of a good portion of them and thought others might be interested in seeing them.  I didn't take any notes so don't have information to offer.  I checked back later and if I remember correctly some of the lamps went for $2x,000.  No, we didn't bid on any of these.  Enjoy.  Click on pic to make larger.

 Major correction:  hubby said the lamp in the first photo went for $16x,000.  I thought 20 something seemed quite low.














5 comments:

catspec said...

Did you take some home :) Those are beautiful pictures....lovely stuff that Tiffany. Just fabulous. Always wanted a Tiffany lamp. ;) Seriously - thank you for these!

glorm said...

Glad you liked the pics. The woman at the auction house offered to take that gold covered book out of the locked case so I could see the pages. She seemed a bit hurt when I didn't want to view a lot of it, but it's not because I wasn't interested; it was because I didn't want to take a chance that I would damage it in some way.

SewLibra said...

Just beautiful! It must have been a treat to see these in person. A long time ago I had a stained glass hanging lamp, but it was a fake. Lol. Also not intricate like these lamps. The stained glass window (or hanging?) is gorgeous too. They always get excited to find stained glass for windows on HGTV so they can incorporate it somewhere in the house. All of it is so pretty!

glorm said...

It's a stained glass window. I agree: all so pretty. Thank you for commenting.

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LABELS: The Finishing Touch for Sewn Garments

I've been using labels in my sewn garments for decades, but some don't.  Here are some pics of ones I have. The quality went down so...